2 March 2013

Pain Aux Raisin



I've been wanting to have a go at making danish pastries but have been putting it off because they look so complicated. But after reading the recipe in Paul Hollywood's Bake, I realised that although the process would take a long time (about 14 hours in total!) , there wasn't a lot of hard work involved as most of the time the pastry was resting. 

Once I'd made the pastry I decided to make pain aux raisin with it. I needed to make creme patisserie or pastry cream and this was another One New Thing, but was surprisingly easy. I just followed the recipe to the letter! 

I made these both the pastry and creme patisserie last night. This morning I rolled out the pastry, spread on the creme patisserie, sprinkled on some raisins and a little cinnamon, rolled up into a log shape and then cut into 12. They went into a 200 degree Celsius oven for 15 minutes and viola! Drizzle with a  little icing and they're done. 

They tasted lovely too! I actually only used half the pastry from the recipe so the other half has gone in the freezer for a future recipe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment